Welcome to the Rows Community! If you’re trying to figure out how to build a particular app, looking for some pro tips to create more advanced workflows, or just built something really cool and want to celebrate your success with us, then you’re in the right place.
In order to help you make the most out of this forum, we’ve put together some guidelines in the hope to facilitate constructive conversations for all. Please make sure you take the time to read them!
This forum is operated by your friendly local staff and you, the community. It’s a place for you to share knowledge and support each other as you’re creating custom apps using the spreadsheet skills you already have.
While Rows team members post on the forum relatively frequently (these users have a special badge that says "Rows team" on their user profiles), they will not respond to every post, and you should not expect that your post will necessarily receive a response from a Rows team member.
If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, contact us via the staff page.
This is a community resource provided by Rows for Rows users to share knowledge and support each other through ongoing conversation. We welcome and encourage constructive feedback, but please be sure your thoughts are expressed in the vein of friendship rather than antagonism.
- Be civil. Let’s make this a safe space for people from all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs. We won’t tolerate threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, or other displays of bigotry.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit. This is not the place for NSFW material and activities.
- Give constructive, actionable feedback and criticize apps or workflows, not people.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass or grief anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
- Please respect that this forum is owned and operated by Rows, and as such, we reserve the right to remove any posts promoting the use of services that are in direct competition to Rows.
Help us keep the forum tidy and organized—before starting a new thread, search existing discussions and use the forum’s functionalities. Someone may have already answered your questions!
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
- Don’t post no-content replies like "100% agree!", "+1", or . Use the Like button instead.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts—every post has your profile information attached to it.
- Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
We rely on a group of moderators to keep this forum tidy and clean. They have special authority and can be recognized by the “Rows team” badge on their profile. They are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police. When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. Just flag it. We’ll take it from there.
Moderators reserve the right to remove any content and ban users that don’t comply with these guidelines. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Please don’t post anything that could violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws. More specifically, you may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves—and by extension, you and your data—against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this forum, you must agree to abide by our ToS. To use the services offered on Rows.com, you must agree to abide by our General Terms and Conditions.